Thursday, February 11, 2010

Girl's trip!


Every year my mom and aunt take a quick little getaway to Fredericksburg. Every year I hear about how much fun they have and this time I said, "I want to come!" I LOVE Fredericksburg, TX! I have been more times than I can count! Not only did I go there as a little girl, a teenage girl, my mom and I took a trip in my early 20's but Joseph and I have also enjoyed taking a couple little romantic getaways to this wonderful town and even took Connor with my parents when he was 9 months old. We LOVE Fredericksburg! So I was really excited about taking this girl's trip with them and seeing just exactly what they do. They have a set routine they do every time and I couldn't wait to do it with them. We left EARLY Friday morning (5:30am!) and on our way stopped to see an amazing sight! This is a Bald Eagles nest with 2 babies inside. See the Momma standing guard in the top right corner.

We arrived in FBurg just in time for a morning brunch at Rather Sweet. Best bakery ever! After our yummy brunch we ventured out for a little shopping before getting our B&B key. The cottage we rented was 202 Guesthouse, CUTEST B&B yet (and we have stayed at many!).

We were VERY impressed with every little detail the owners provided. Each room was unique yet inviting. We could not have asked for a better place to stay!





After relaxing at the house for awhile we headed to The Brewery for a yummy dinner. We walked it off after by window shopping and walking through an art gallery.


Saturday we stuck to their routine and had an early lunch at the Herb Farm. They have a wonderful Sangria!! From there we ventured over to Becker Vineyards where we admired the scenery and smelled the lavendar soaps. From there it was back to town for some serious shopping. Since we have been coming to FBurg for years, we know exactly which shops to go in and which to skip! At 6 we had reservations at the Hilltop Cafe. We enjoyed a yummy dinner and some live music before heading back to our wonderful B&B.
Sunday we had to say goodbye to our wonderful home away from home and head back to our boys. It was a MUCH needed getaway from reality, I had a GREAT time and I look forward to the next trip there.

No comments:

Post a Comment